Using the Amazon affiliate program is one of the easiest ways to make money with your online business. This is largely because Amazon prides itself as being one of the most reputable companies online. If you’re selling any kind of physical goods, you’re going to be hard-pressed to find another affiliate program to use that will convert half as well as Amazon does.
Sadly, as with many other physical goods affiliate programs, can often be very low. This is especially true after the changes that Amazon made to their affiliate program last year.
As you can see in the image below, some of the categories over at Amazon offer a very low commission rate which makes it a challenge to earn larger monthly payouts without having to sell thousands of products every month. There is an easy work around here that can have you earning much larger commission checks month after month. That workaround is to know which categories will earn you a 10% commission on your sales, which is the highest commission level possible in the Amazon affiliate program.
10% Commission Amazon Niches Revealed
Niche #1: Luxury Makeup
Luxury makeup is not only an amazing niche because it has 10% commissions. There are several other reasons that it may be exactly the niche you’re looking for like:
- Market Survivability – Makeup has been around for thousands of years and shows absolutely no signs of going away anytime soon.
- Perception of Value – When it comes to makeup, many experts agree that you really do get what you pay for. So, the barrier to entry for more expensive makeup brands is significantly lower than it is in other industries.
- Constant Need for New Products – Makeup is a very consumable product. For you, this means that your customers will come back month after month to obtain additional products based on your recommendations.
Niche #2: Luxury Hair Care
When it comes to beauty, another market that has very strong buying practices is luxury hair care. This is a great niche to consider entering for the following reasons:
- An Open-Minded Audience – Many people spend hundreds or thousands of dollars at salons to have their hair professionally cut, colored, and styled.
For that reason, they understand that it is important to use high quality products at home to maintain their hair as well as possible.
- Large Information Need – Everyone’s hair texture and color is a little bit different. Combine some of the many different salon treatments available for hair and the maintenance that those treatments require, and you can quickly see just how much information is needed when it comes to proper haircare. For you, this means that it would be challenging to ever find yourself at a loss for new content ideas.
- Large Product Variety – From brushes, hairdryers, shampoos, conditioners and more, there are a large variety of different luxury hair care products available on the marketplace. This gives you the ability to choose whether you want to target the entire luxury haircare market or carve yourself out a smaller piece of the pie by creating a very specific niche site inside of the larger luxury haircare niche.
Niche #3: Maternity Skin Care
Skincare is another very large niche inside of the health and beauty industry. One niche that exists inside of this category is maternity skin care. Some of the reasons that you may want to consider entering this niche include:
- Helping A Concerned Audience – Almost everyone has heard some kind of horror story about the stretch marks left behind after pregnancy. By creating content that can truly help your audience, you could become a very helpful resource to a lot of people who are desperate to find a solution to a potential problem that they are very worried about.
- Variety of Products – As with many of the other health and beauty niches, there are a variety of products that can be reviewed and shared inside of the maternity skincare niche.
- Potential for Growth – By establishing yourself as a helpful authority for people when they are trying to take care of your skin during pregnancy, you can begin to branch out later and become an authority for overall skincare. This would allow you to start with a smaller niche and then expand to a much broader demographic in the future.
Niche #4: Amazon Fashion Women
Stepping away from health and beauty, one of the other great 10% commission niches at Amazon is fashion. Some reasons that you may want to consider entering the women’s fashion niche are:
- Information Need – Just like the luxury haircare niche, there are a lot of different angles that you could use to approach the women’s fashion industry. From events and news to what’s trending in the market, people are constantly searching for new fashion information.
- Frequent Style Changes – Fashion tends to follow very rapidly changing trends. From season to season, there are always new looks, new accessories that are in style, and new fashion designers entering the marketplace. For you, this means that your customers will always be looking for new recommendations when it comes to what’s going to be the hot style for upcoming seasons.
- Limitless Products – Many niches only have so many different product categories to choose from. This is not the case when it comes to women’s fashion. You can discuss the latest outfits of course, but there are also dozens of different accessories like purses and jewelry that you could discuss on your site.
Niche #5: Men’s Private Label Fashion
Just like in the women’s fashion niche, there are a lot of men who are wanting to look their best by staying true to the latest fashion trends. Here are just a few reasons to think about making amends fashion website:
- Lower Competition – Since women are the primary consumers of the newest fashion trends, men are often overlooked completely when it comes to showcasing the latest styles. Because of this, you would face much lower competition levels in the men’s fashion arena.
- Different Accessories – Men have several different accessories to choose from as well when it comes to fashion. Best of all, these accessories are often completely different than those selected by women. This means that you can still sell and recommend a significant amount of men’s fashion accessories like shoes and wallets without having to compete with the market of women’s fashion accessories.
- Frequent Style Changes – Just like the women’s fashion niche, popular men’s styles change season to season as well. For you, this means that you will always be able to sell more products based on what comes into style over time.
As you can see above, even though Amazon has reduced the amount of commission paid on many categories, there’s still a lot of room for you to be able to make a significant income with an online business if you take the time to select a higher paying niche. It’s also important that you remember that anytime you’re selling products through affiliate links to Amazon, you will earn commissions for everything that you sell and not just the products you are recommending.
This means that if someone comes in to purchase an item that you recommended in a niche like men’s fashion and they also decide to purchase a television, you receive a commission on that television purchase as well. All in all, while many categories and Amazon now pay lower commission percentages, the overall pay that you can earn is still very substantial.
The most important thing is that you are following a quality training program that can help you learn exactly how to get in front of your audience and deliver the best product possible to help them solve their own unique problems. If you’re ready to get started with your own online business today, make sure to check out my top recommended resource and see how you can become a top earning Amazon affiliate website owner as quickly as possible.