Very few, if any marketers will argue that video marketing is easily one of the best ways to drive traffic to your websites and deliver a form of content that can easily take your online business to levels that you never thought possible. There are literally hundreds of courses out there that promise to teach you the necessary skills that you will need in order to be successful with video marketing. One such course to recently hit the market is known as Video Legend. Does this course deliver on its’ promise to “put absolutely every other video marketing program to shame, boom!” That’s what we’re taking a look at in the following Video Legend review.
What Is Video Legend?
Video Legend is a product created by Jamie Lewis that promises to teach you the best way to get tens of thousands of views without very much effort at all. Now, when an offer sounds too good to be true, normally it is. In this case, there are a few ups and downs that we will get into.
This course retails at $47, but simply by refusing the initial sale, you can get a $20 coupon. Again, normally this is a big red flag to me, but maybe this time, things will be different.
Video Legend Review
When I first started looking at this course, I couldn’t help but notice the silliness of the sales page itself. With footage showing things like bombs exploding and promises to make you a “certified master of video marketing, taught by the very best,” I couldn’t help but immediately believe that this was just going to be another over-hyped internet scam that promises the world and then fails to deliver anything at all.
Thankfully, this wasn’t the case. While I don’t necessarily believe that this is the best video marketing training out there, it is certainly a good place for newcomers to learn the basic ropes of marketing on YouTube.
With that said, I did have a couple of concerns with the actual Video Legend software. First, the fact that you have to use your YouTube login through a third party domain. For those of you who are unaware, this is a method that is often used by scammers to rip off your YouTube username and password.
While I’m not saying that this is the goal of Video Legend, I am saying that it makes me a little bit nervous.
The second issue that I have is how the software actually works. While you’re encouraged by the training to buy, lease, or rent content from other people’s videos, the training quickly shows you how to cut pieces of video from other people’s content and reuse it as your own.
This is not only blatant copyright infringement, but also theft. How would you feel if you had spent hours developing a quality video only to have someone else come along and take the best pieces of it and republish it as their own? It is not only illegal, but also morally wrong.
Join over 75,000 Others and Follow The Ultra-Simple Four Step System I Use To Sell Products Online Each and Every Day Like Clockwork!
Who Is Video Legend For?
If you’re wanting to get a good understanding of the basics when it comes to video marketing and YouTube, then this course does give you some very nice tutorials and guides, so long as you’re willing to sit through them.
I say this because the introduction video alone is almost an hour long at just over 57 minutes. Normally, it’s much easier to absorb lesson content in shorter intervals, rather than one long piece and unfortunately this course fails to deliver very many short informational pieces.
Pros and Cons of Video Legend
Pros of Video Legend
This course does have some good things working in its’ favor including:
- Professional Content – While the sales pages for this course are very unprofessional, and occasionally even goofy, the actual training material itself is delivered very professionally.
- Good Beginner Tips – If you’re brand new to YouTube, there are several great pieces of training available in this course. Unfortunately, it can be a bit difficult to find it quickly.
- Fairly Decent Price – For $47, this course does actually deliver a decent amount of content. If you initially say no, you can still get the same content for $20 less.
- Additional Training – There are a few other previous courses that Jamie has delivered in the past that come included with this training.
Cons of Video Legend
While this course does deliver on some of the things it promises, there are also a few issues with it including:
- Encouragement of Theft – Again, while you are never instructed to rip off other people’s content, it is certainly implied more than once.
- Difficult to Navigate – If you find a “golden nugget” of information you would like to revisit, unless you write down the point in the video training where it’s covered, you are going to struggle to ever track it down again.
- Third Party Site Access – You have to provide your YouTube login information to a third party site which could leave your account vulnerable.
- Immediate Discounts – If you refuse to buy the product immediately, you’re given $20 off. This is a big issue as it rips people off who are impulse buyers.
- Definitely Not the Best – This course promises to outperform every other video marketing course on the internet, and it’s very easy to see that it does not deliver on that promise when compared to some other programs.
Final Thoughts On Video Legend
If you’re new to video marketing, or really want to learn more about YouTube marketing in a one-stop shop, then you may be able to gain a decent amount of knowledge from this course. Be warned though, you can learn many of the same skills through free videos on YouTube itself if you do a bit of searching around.
If you don’t have any qualms with providing your login information to a third party, and don’t mind taking content from others, then you may gain some good use from the software that comes included with the course as well.
For the price that it’s being offered at, it honestly isn’t a bad course, but there are many other options out there that deliver a lot more value when it comes to video marketing. I do give credit to Jamie Lewis as it certainly seems like he know what he is doing. It’s just the cons outweigh the pros.
What’s A Better Option?
While creating videos is certainly a great marketing strategy, there are a lot of other options out there that can be utilized with video marketing to create a very strong online business.
For example, Wealthy Affiliate has live video training every Friday with fresh new topics each week. Every live training session is recorded and archived so that any premium member can access the hundreds of training videos available. This would include video training on YouTube marketing. See the screenshot below.
I may be a bit biased on the live training inside of Wealthy Affiliate because I am the guy who hosts the webinars on Friday.
But I truly feel that the live training is superior to any other live training within the online marketing industry. This is due to the fact that I don’t upsell anything at the end and offer pure high quality training including three of my favorite topics:
- Live Case Studies – I create a real live niche site and make money within in real time.
- Hot Seats – I go through members’ website and offer advice and guidance
- Live Q & A Sessions – Your questions are answered live and typically using screencast showing results
I have been the live training coach inside Wealthy Affiliate since 2010 (when the live training started) and have broadcasted over 400 live training sessions, which are all available to watch at your convenience. I am assuming you had intentions of checking out Jamie Lewis’ video course and if want to pull the trigger on it – go ahead. But if you do, make sure to compare it with the training inside Wealthy Affiliate and let me know the difference.